Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Old School Blogging



My Feedly feed (the app I use to follow blogs) is filled with Old School Blogging posts… so I decided I'm jumping on the bandwagon.
Credit goes to my friend Jess at Get Busy Living who not only blogged old school today, but provided the connection to several other blogs that went old school.
If you want an amazingly inspiring blog to follow- I strongly recommend checking Jess's out.  This girl's strength is incredible!  She has been a huge inspiration to me in many aspects of life and is one of the people responsible for Matt and I attending LCBC.  She has quite the story to tell and is just an awesome person!

Now about old school blogging… take a trip back to the days of instant messenger, myspace and Facebook notes… You know (unless you are a youngin') where you answered a list of questions and then told people they had to take the same "quiz."  Most of these lists has the same basic questions in different variations.  Enjoy!


  • Where's your cell phone? Hidden under the dog who is sleeping next to me.
  • Your significant other-  Matt.  We've been through thick and thin… to hell and back… and I love this man to death.  I can not wait to see what the remainder of our life together holds!
  • Your hair- desperately needs some attention from Coby (my hair stylist)… I haven't had it cut since June.
  • Your Mom- is often blamed for many things that I inherited from her… the most often include turning into a bear when I'm hungry and my love to travel.
  • Your Father- has been an amazing help during the trials of the last 7 months… he provided infinite wisdom from a medical standpoint during my pregnancy complications and he helped Matt and I burry our old girl, Dutchess. 
  • My favorite thing- God tops the list!  If you told me it had to be something I could physically hold in my hands to show you… it would vary depending on the day- my wedding ring and TJ necklace are the best second place
  • A dream from last night-  I don't remember any dreams from the past few nights other than the ever popular "falling dream"  which I never remember what was happening- I just jolt awake and take forever to fall back asleep.
  • Favorite Drink- Water is my drink of choice… however I occasionally get strong cravings for Perrydell chocolate milk or orange drink
  • Your dream/goal- to have rainbow children and my own classroom
  • The room you are in- living room- it's tiny and a bit messy… I was crafting tonight (blog about that coming soon!)
  • Your "ex"- Matt and I have been together for almost 10 years (Dec 22) so my ex is from my way past… Jeremy- the guy I dated in college before I met Matt… he is now dating the girl who was one of my best friends in college.  She didn't like him when I dated him- how funny is that.
  • Your fears: losing another baby, Matt leaving me, snakes
  • Where do you want to be in six years? (this answer is probably the same as it would have been 10 years ago) living in my own house, with a family (children) and a job teaching.
  • Where were you last night? LCBC for Jcrew and then packing up Operation Christmas Child Boxes… then I came home to snuggle with the pup.
  • What are you not? Innocent… this past year I lost a lot of innocence I didn't even know I had… I wish I had it back- but I am now very much aware of things that can & do go wrong in life that no one wants to talk about.
  • Muffins? I don't do muffins generally- unless you count a cupcake that I've licked the icing off of.
  • One of your wish list items- a house
  • Where you grew up- York PA… I've lived within a 15 minute drive of my childhood home for all but the first 2 years of my life.
  • The last thing you did- wrote a future blog post.
  • What are you wearing?  Ahh- remember when the goal was to be as cute as possible with this answer? (or maybe it was as suggestive as possible) Sorry guys- jeans and a hoodie- super exciting.
  • Your TV- has provided background noise tonight since Matt is working… 
  • Your pets- Clara… a yellow lab.  
  • Your computer- A Macbook Pro that was a Chrsitmas gift last year to use for my teaching job… one day I'll tell ya about how that didn't really work.  (but I Love my macbook!)
  • Your life- has been a mess… is taking a new shape… is nothing what I expected it would be at 30 years old…
  • Your mood-  kinda blah… it's just me and the dog tonight… I'm in a weird place- not awesome but not awful… just kinda meh
  • Missing someone? Everyday for the rest of my life!  
  • Your Car- Darcy… a 2003 Saturn Vue…. I love my car.
  • Something you are not wearing- socks
  • Favorite store- Ikea, Kohls, Target… depends on what I'm shopping for
  • Your Summer- Last summer is a blur… hoping this coming summer has GREAT things in store…
  • Like someone? There are lots of people I like… do I have a crush/like someone- just my hubby!
  • Your favorite color- Blue (although I do like me some pink)
  • When was the last time you laughed- earlier today… I asked Matt- WTF?!?  **Disclaimer Matt made a face in response to something I said… see image below…
  • Last time you cried- Earlier today… I'll refrain from going off on a rant about what caused it
  • Who will repost this?  LOL  
Maybe one day I'll look back and find one of these survey blogs things and post it providing the "then and now" answers.  

1 comment:

  1. Wait. Wait. Wheres the "like" button on this thing.....

    ReplyDelete