Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello 2014!

It's finally here!  I have looked forward to kicking out 2013 … it was a less than kind year to Matt and I.  There are things that I will always treasure from 2013-  TJ, Matt, our marriage, friendships and lots of personal growth.  Just the same there are things that happened in 2013 that I hope and pray I never happen to our family again!
The last few hours of 2013 were awesome!  We had a small, low-key gathering at our house.  Lots of food, friends and laughter.  One of the best New Year's Eve celebrations I've ever had.
2014 started off with a kiss from my Love, a reminder that our angel was with us (check out the video below) and the realization that Clara was MIA… I had accidentally closed her in the bedroom.  She was just chillin' on the other side of the door waiting to return to being everyone's BFF.  Our friends left, we cleaned up, and went to bed- happy to have started 2014 on a good note.
Matt and I picked this ornament as TJ's ornament this year- it's solar powered… I love looking over and seeing it creating a snow angel- it's not always moving… but when it does its a sweet reminder that my angel is near.

Now for the "traditional" New Year's post.

Get Busy Living is a great blog that I've followed for a while few years. (yikes!)  My friend Jess writes an awesomely inspirational blog and has a great theme for her New Years posts.  I'm stealing her theme (Thanks Jess!)   and sharing it with you all in hopes of finding a successful 2014.

To start off… my word of the year is:  HOPE 
I have high hopes for 2014… and the fresh start of a new year is giving me hope for good things to come.  I'm looking forward to seeing what ways HOPE appears in my life this year.

A long time ago I made a resolution to not make anymore New Year's resolutions- I've done a great job of keeping it!!!  Jess doesn't make resolutions… she sets Goals!  I like this idea- something to strive for as opposed to saying "I will do this" and then when you fall of the wagon you don't bother to get back on.
So here goes…

My Goals for 2014:

  • Workout 3-4 times a week
  • Drop 50 lbs (and keep it off)
    • Return to healthier eating habits
  • Maintain a red-up house (that's Nan speak for clean and tidy)
  • Become more organized
    • Get rid of clutter/junk
  • "Be Rich" 2 times a month
  • Daily devotional time
  • Be a better wife
My Dreams for 2014: 
 (Because these things require effort on my part but ultimately are not completely in my control)
  • Get a permanent teaching job
  • Buy a house
  • Have a baby
I share all of this with you so that I have some accountability.  My goals will require a lot of hard work on my part… 
I'm off to a decent start… I've got workout #2 for the year complete, the house is still clean and tidy, my car is packed with "junk" to donate (2 tubs of clothing, books, purses, shoes and some home goods), and devotional for the day is happening before bed.  Let's see if I can keep it up!

How about you?  Do you have a word of the year?  What goals did you create for yourself?  




No comments:

Post a Comment